National Football League

NFL
The diss'ing by Major League Sports of the City of Detroit, Mi.
Movies
Comedy
H.Stern [No under age creeps in there ! Or pompous goody 2 shoes !]
Ancestry . com
-
TheeTFD

National Football League

Post by TheeTFD »

One of my favorite sources for entertainment. But with their latest contract saga I gotta slap'm around a little.
I listen to Sirius Radio NFL and I hear a lot of disingenuous info. there. Not dishonest just not smart.
They know their X and Os but slip from there and it's use heavy salt.
-------
For instance, during the lockout there was a top notch Cornerback free agent looking for a new team.
His last contract was 3 years $45M. So guys on SR88[NFL] were saying he could get $20M because he was in the right place at the right time. Wrong, the owners were scrapping so hard with the Union for more pay control that they gave up Preseason paydays. I blogged he wouldn't get $13M per. He gave the Eagles a home favorite deal for ~ $12M per. Of course J.Jones says he was in the market but with $10M per, ahhh no you weren't.
--------
A player called in and said he thought the new salary cap would be about $140M per team. Wrong, not close.
It came in at ~$121M per team. Up about $4M from last years contract. Times 32 and he was off by $6o2M
per year !
After about 2 months of this I called in and suggested they impeach Mr. Goodell, mess with my football.
----
The economy is doing way below average. Yet these millionaires kept squabbling. NFL is a luxury, should it fail or need a bail out it aint getting one. The auto industries are vital to Americas needs, it gets a bail out.
After rethinking that, we don't want these muscle bound goons running around mugging people.
------
Megatron is "supposed to get $20-22M per", that's QB money ! I say he comes in at $16-17M per.
And even that's too much for a WR. But Detroit owed him a lot of that from previous restructuring. How many P/O games has Tron won ?
Zero, you need to spend the cap better.
-------
update 1-2-13
with the firing Monday some of the Sirius guys are coming around to the fact that $90M for 10.5 sacks is too much.
All the pre 2011 contracts are over-priced with the new cap ! Suh and Tron need to be moved for picks !
March 20 2015
Well the Lions fought the good fight trying to keep Kong Suh. But Miami put up $12M more and stole him.
Just glad the Lions couldn't match. Suh is all about status and made the league pay.
--------------
# :idea: Trump and Putin out of the picture !
TheeTFD

Re: National Football League

Post by TheeTFD »

Tron got $132M over 8 years = $16.5
What's more egregious, the Polians blowing $20M on a QB with a broken neck or Sean Payton ignoring the fact his wife wasn't feeding the red-headed stepchild ? [Bounties]
How is Payton not fired on the spot ! He cost the team 2 draft picks, $0.5M and other employees suspended.
----------------
I aint believing the audio with Carl Williams. I think he ramped it up cause he knew some one was recording.
No way 22 defensive players let that man compromise their football values.
Of course NFL radio has had about 10 guys come in from the Saints and Redskins and said Williams never did anything like that. ---The shame must be too great to even admit it now !!!!!!!
Update:
2013 March
The league came to terms with the players as some were able to say Goodell slandered them, about the bounties. Carl Williams sat out 1 year and is now back working in the NFL. I think Mr.Goodell got everyones attention. Mess with his game - say goodbye !!!
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Ok I give Mr. Gooddell a reprieve. The contract got taken care of, we got our games, it's all good.
As for the reprimanding of bad players and owners, I think he is doing a good job.
The commish understands football is a goon game and needs to protect it from deadly circumstances.
I think to minimize concussions they should this: On Kick-Offs use only 2 players, on the Kick-off team-one Kicker and one Hawk. On the receiving team use one player - the Returner. Is that enough sizzle for you ? Is that enough pop for you ?!
And they gotta stop the killer tackle. That's when a defender grabs a ball carrier from behind, he puts his hands on the ball carriers shoulders and throws is torso into the back of the ball carriers thighs while twisting the shoulders.
I've seem this tackle snap Joe Theisman's legs, Eric Hipples ankle and Kronkowski's ankle [just tore the ligaments].
-
update 10/2015
So the league puts in a rule "you can't tackle with power at/to a QB's knees[when he is in the pocket] but they won't call it.
Since the rule was set these QBs have got their knees ripped.
M.Mariota, B.Rothlesburger, of course the player always says it wasn't intentional. Or he isn't flagged because he tried to break his fall
by putting a hand down. B.S. he can see the QB the whole time.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Sirius88 the NFL channel is a waste of time on Sundays after the games. All they do is rehash the same info for 6 hours.
And they make us listen to the same ole coaches speak that we heard last week. "Yes he had success in the passing game. No we didn't play well. You can't turn the ball over and expect to win."
---week in and week out--- with that dribble
Where are the deep stats: Like RBs 1 and 2 for team x ran for 50 and 58 yd respectively and caught passes for 30 and 60.
Oh ! Would that suggest I am Fantasy orienated ! Well yes we are the ardent supporters.
I don't need to hear the QBs stats repeated twice an hour for 6 hours.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Hey Schwartz, nice job with the Lions. I knew you were going for draft picks and weak schedule when you gave up 4 special teams TDs in back to back games.
Now for the umpteenth time build your own secondary cause the NCAA rarely puts the best talent at DB !
Oh and for $100K I could do it for you.
TheeTFD

Re: National Football League/2013 Free Agents

Post by TheeTFD »

Well the talking heads at Sirius88 are starting to understand the 2011 CBA. Any weakness to a players game AND he is high priced...he is cut and maybe resigned for less money . Finally the NFL must play banking frugalty. They can't just beg the league for more money so they can keep their players comfortable. $123M cap this year.
Some of these guys think they should be making 2010 money but they're finding out their only worth 2005 money.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Alright I'm calling my shot here. Margus Hunt is the biggest, fastest, strongest DE in the 2013 draft. The Godfather says he is 25-35 material I say he's top 15 !
Let's see who's closer.
NOOO, shot down in flames !
So Hunt goes #52ish to the Bengals. I have only one recourse and that is hope he's a double digit sacker.
TheeTFD

Re: National Football League-Knuckle Head coaches

Post by TheeTFD »

Matt Schawb QB for the Texans threw 3 pick 6s in 3 straight games all losses. And the fans were calling for his head. Coach Kubiac says Schawb gives his team the best chance to win. What a knuckle-head ! It was so pathetic the fans cheered when Schawb got hurt. They weren't cheering Schawb, they were cheering the QB change.
Kubiac's attitude spits in the face of backup QBs. And he's an ex-backup QB.
Anyway Kubiac got dusted that year.
I'm sure he found a job though, somewhere in the NFL carousel.
TheeTFD

Re: National Football League, First Gay Draft Choice

Post by TheeTFD »

Alright I need to figure out my stance on this. It gets into human rights and what is right and what is wrong.
I've read that mankind only advances through deviancy. Homosexuality is a deviancy. Maybe not so much a deviancy as it is a minority carrier.
***In electronics they say current flows in one direction but when it passes through a substrate [when switching on transistors] it creates minority carriers. Sometimes called back EMF [Electromotive Force]. Don't ask me how but it's a measurable loss that must be accounted for.
***In order for man to evolve the sexual attraction had to be foolproof. Procreation had to be good enough to cancel flaws and mishaps in that evolution. Including man liking man ! So maybe homosexuality is the anti-mass murderer.
***It's part of the genetic code. Forget Homosexuality deal with transgender. Imagine being adverse to your weener or your vag !
***So what did Jesus teach me ? Be tolerant, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But the issues of Christ's time 2014 years ago, need to be updated.
And the disciples rendering may have been skewed by politics as the years went on. So what did Jesus say ? Do I even care what Allah said ? Dude was a little more harsh.
But mostly we keep our sex to ourselves. We don't do it in the street. And if you want to piss into the wind you better take an angle, if ever so slight !
***Knowing how loveless my childhood was and how stupid/reckless heteralsexual breeders are and how vilely nature driven they are, if you think it's not for you, don't F' with the kid ! So if going homo stops you from F'ing up some kid----bravo !!!
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Devils Advocate on the Ray Rice punch !
Ok he hit her too hard ! Didn't need to dust her.
But she was drunk and swinging her arms at people. Wouldn't obey. And Ray was too involved with with her to back away.
Sometimes you need to lay the law down.
You don't embarrass someone like that.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Lions make the P/Os
And promptly lose to the Cowboys
I don't want to hear about how the Lions got jobbed by the refs.
Caldwell took his foot off the gas and Romo made more plays.
If Caldwell thought he could go on the big stage and dink and dunk his way to a win, well I hope he learned his lesson !
-
Actually Caldwell had no game plan to shift to when Dallas took the out of Stafford's hands.
-
update 4/13/2020
-
Earlier I asked, why wasn't New Orleans coach fired after "Bounty Gate" ? Well, it's because he's a great coach.
With QB money approaching $30M per. You need to develop Offensive-Backs that can run and throw the ball.
The Saints did that well with their back-up QB. I would carry 4 of these guys, they will get hurt.
Do you hear me, Martha ?!
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159709/2015-pro-bowl-rosters
I forgot they got all drafty with it. I love that.
Team Carter wins this year ---- QBs
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Charlie Sanders
-
Passed at age 68.
Great man that put community out-reach foremost in his after football days.
Started many charities.
Hall of Fame 2007
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Brady Deflatgate
-
I wonder if Tom had asked, if he could take a pound of air out of the balls when the temp. is very cold, because it's hard to
catch and throw, if something would've been done ?
The game would be better for it.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

When I think of the Geno Smith deal, I just laugh.
And J. Harrison trophy value deal, your children can't and don't necessarily want to be anything like you
so why try and force hard labor laws on them. Rich trophy kids. No sprinkles for you. :wink: