I think Sprint does this also.

There's nothing in my contract that says my speed will be cut to "unusable".
TheeTFD

I think Sprint does this also.

Post by TheeTFD »

Alright, let's gather here til we figure this out.
So they give you 30 days to test out your webstick but what if you don't surpass the 5G cutoff in the first 30 days? You'll think everything is fine.
So you surpass the 5G cutoff on the 28th day and spend 3 days trying to speed up your computer cause you think it is the problem. Then it starts working good because now you're back at the second months hi-speed rate and you think it's all good again. This is like "Bait and Switch". It's a form of entrapment!
----------
It should be mentioned normal speed is about 1MB both up and down and throttled is 5KB. That's about 100K times slower ! A lot of secure pages will time-out
due to lack of response at that reduced speed. It's not really usable.

Well the good news is Tmobile has reconfigured it's Data sells and it's almost as good as Verizon. 5 yr later !
# :idea: Trump and Putin out of the picture !
TheeTFD

Re: I think Sprint does this also.

Post by TheeTFD »

WoW, my TMobile webjet is a piece of garbage. It disconnects after minutes. Then sits there brain dead. I put a disconnect
ring on mine and it fires 3 times when it does fire. The worse part is after you blog and submit you lose your typed input. Because I guess it doesn't even know it's disconnected. [no disconnect ring] But if you're slick you can save your work by minimizing.
When it's brain dead you can't even pound it into submission. You gotta restart it again.
Then the connected notice sits right on your page down button and it's unmovable.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

Alright I had version 2.04, I updated one computer to 2.05, lets see how well it works. I'm using a HP with Windows 7 it doesn't even want to see the WebJetManager
you just go to connections and click on Broadband.
TheeTFD

Post by TheeTFD »

VERZION
For a trucker like me Verzion is a god send. Mostly I get 2-3 bars of 4G anywhere. At about the same price and they don't cut speeds after your overage, they just charge you $10.00 each gig.
Hopefully they start giving you rollover data like they did with phone rollover minutes.